Monday, January 24, 2011
Top Ten Music Blogfest
Here is my top ten favourite songs of all time as part of Alex J. Cavanaugh's blogfest.
It was very hard to just pick 10, my first list was close to 30 but i painfully cut it down to 10 (with some honourable mentions at the bottom).
10. Whiter Shade of Pale - Procol Harum I have no idea what the bizarre lyrics of the song actually mean. All I know is that hay they are sung beautifully and accompanied by a soulful melody that always moves me
9. Beethoven's 5th - Danny Alkana Guitarist Danny Alkana takes on a classic, backed by an orchestra Alkana performs Beethoven's fifth symphony on his electric guitar. Powerful, energetic and moving Alkana gives this already beautiful song a modern twist that really strikes a chord within me. If you haven't heard it I recommend you check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5jiNFzc1-8
8. Life on Mars? - David Bowie With its strange lyrics and amazingly beautiful tune, Life on Mars? makes me want to start singing along overtime I hear it.
7. Subterranean Homesick Blues - Bob Dylan Accompanied with the iconic film clip Dylan's folk rock masterpiece always affects me.
6. About a Girl - Nirvana Beatles inspired "About a Girl" is the first song that let the world know that Nirvana wasn't just an ordinary grunge band.
5. I'm Stranded - The Saints From the very fist second this song starts it hits you with its raw energy, then a few seconds in to the song you get hit again with Chris Bailey's strong punk voice as he drums out the lyrics.
4. Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd The hypnotic Comfortably Numb, in my opinion, has two of the best guitar solos of all time and has beaten countless other Pink Floyd songs to make it onto My Top Ten list.
3. Waterloo Sunset - The Kinks Beautiful and poetic one of the Kinks' best known and most acclaimed songs, Waterloo Sunset always affects me in a wonderful kind of way.
2. I'm Jealous - Divinyls Chrissy Amphlett's beautifully tortured voice creates so much raw emotion that complements the honest lyrics and powerful music to make one of my favourite songs of all time. f you haven't heard it I highly recommend you check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf-o378KGD4
1. Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin Often credited as one of the greatest rock songs off one of the greatest rock albums of all time, Stairway to Heaven has made it number 1on my Top 10 list because of its beautiful melodies and amazing guitar solo.
Peace Frog - The Doors, Spooky - Dusty Springfield, Holiday in Cambodia - Dead Kennedy's, Tango Shoes - Bif Naked, Gimmie Shelter - Rolling Stones, Lets stay together - Al Green, Alone with you tonight - The Sunnyboys, Devil - Stereophonics, Oh Yeah - The Subways, Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith, C'mon C'mon - Von Bondies, I am the Walrus - The Beatles, Ever Fallen in Love - Thursday, and Like a rolling stone - Bob Dylan
Posted by Kane